Click here to read the 2012 Ward 8 Community Summit Preliminary Report.
Join Mayor Vincent C. Gray and Councilmember Marion Barry to hear about the progress made as a result of your input from the Ward 8 Summits in July and September 2011. Attendees of this highly interactive event will have an opportunity to provide meaningful input and guidance on the future implementation of Ward 8 Pilot Programs funded in Mayor Gray’s FY2013 budget.
Those who attend the 2012 Summit will:
- Hear about the new projects and progress happening in the ward as a result of the Ward 8 Community Summit
- Learn about major projects that are being developed, planned and considered in Ward 8
- Take action by providing real-time input that will help guide funding for implementation priorities
- Learn about opportunities to stay actively involved moving forward
Saturday, June 9, 2012
9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
1351 Alabama Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20032 Metro Station: Congress Heights
For more information about the 2012 Ward 8 Summit, please contact Stephen Rice at (202) 442-8816 or by email.
AmericaSpeaks, a non profit, non partisan organization in Washington D.C., will provide facilitation and outreach support for the public workshops. Using elements from our 21st Century Town Meeting®, we will assist leaders tap into the collective wisdom of constituents and stakeholders through identifying shared priorities and develop recommendations on essential policies and plans.
• Small-group facilitated discussions
• Capturing participant ideas and themes
• Individual voting to prioritize recommendations & solutions
• Streamlined Q&A for participants to interact with leaders or expert panelists